New Home Baptist Church is searching for a full time Youth minister that will lead and direct New Home Baptist Youth Ministry (a Southern Baptist Church), always striving to let Jesus radiate through his or her life. If you might be interested, read on.
Goals: (1) Lead each youth (6th grade-College) attending New Home Baptist Church, as well as area youth, into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (2)To encourage all youth to participate in mission work and strengthen their understanding of missions. (3) To provide a bridge between youth and the church body.
- Equip each Youth to share the plan of Salvation with others.
- Plan activities with the Youth Council including (but not limited to):
- Annual Camp Caswell trip (summer)
- Rafting Trip (fall or spring) or Ski Trip (winter)
- Fellowship and missions/outreach activities in summer months
- Fundraising events for Youth missions
- Vacation Bible School (summer)
- Weekly activities including:
- Substituting in Youth Sunday School Classes as needed
- Coordinating Sunday night Youth Meetings
- Coordinating Wednesday night Youth Zone meetings
- Build relationships with individuals and youth families to foster healthy spiritual development and encourage and inspire regular church attendance when possible.
- Manage regular office hours to the extent possible (realizing that other duties and emergencies may take precedence)
- Meeting weekly with the pastor, monthly with the planning committee, and with the Youth Council and deacons on an as needed basis.
- Provide Youth Ministry updates at quarterly business meetings.
- Become acquainted with the younger children to form a bond and simplify their transition into the youth program.
- Become a member in good standing at New Home Baptist Church.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by Youth Council and pastor
- Maintain written documentation of activities, visitations and enrollments for planning and evaluation purposes.
Lines of Responsibility:
- Minister of Youth will work with and through the guidance and support of the (annually nominated) Youth Council
- Minister of Youth will follow the church constitution and bylaws as voted by the church as well as maintain a doctrinal stance consistent with the Baptist Faith and Message.
- Financial compensation will be determined by the finance committee, with the approval of the deacons and church in conference.
- Annual review will take place during the finance committee annual budgeting session. This will be provided by the deacon board of the church and the Youth Council.
- Other compensations will be determined by the finance committee in future meetings.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to
Youth Minister Search Committee at PO Box 467, Peachland, NC 28133
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
– 1 Timothy 4:12